Hallo hallo to you lovely lovelies!
It’s Thursday and that means it’s time for Book Tag Thursday!
I can’t remember my last tag, so I’m super excited to do these next two and for my first one, it’s the Three Bookish Things Tag! I was tagged by the awesome Danni over at For Books Sake! Go and give her wonderful blog a visit too! Thank you Danni! This was so much fun! (I sat through a rainy lunch break to write these down!)
THREE READ ONCE AND LOVED AUTHORS
- John Sandford is one of the first authors that I picked up and never put back down. All of his books are my default “slump cures.” I read his Virgil Flowers books in [roughly] linear publishing order and his Prey series completely out of order, but so far, there has yet to be a book that’s disappointed me.
- Amanda Prowse is my first NetGalley read. Her “The Day She Came Back” brought me to tears and while I am easily emotional with a lot of books, hers was the first to have me crying nearly every chapter. I absolutely adored her storytelling and her characters.
- Lee Child is another one of my favorite authors. I first came across his “Gone Tomorrow” back in college and it blew it away. It was such a thrilling adventure and I ended up reading a couple of other books in the Jack Reacher series. It’s thanks to him, Sandford, and Patricia Cornwell that Mystery Thrillers became my favorite genre.
THREE TITLES I’VE WATCHED BUT HAVEN’T READ
- Vampire Diaries – I vaguely recalled that there was a book on this, but it didn’t really hit me that…THERE ARE BOOKS ON THIS SERIES! At least…not until I started to write this post. I watched the series, with my mother, a few years back and didn’t particularly care for the show, but I do have fond bonding memories of binging this with my mother back when I had the time to do so. However, I highly doubt I will ever actually pick up the written series to read.
- Sherlocks Holmes – Another one that my mother started to watch, a few years back, so I ended up just sitting down with her. I loved watching this show and particularly loved watching Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlocks.
- The Lord of the Rings – I watched the movies growing up but never thought about there being books behind the movie (not didn’t know, just wasn’t something I thought about). I had the biggest crush on Legolas (still do) and thought it was just so cool that he was walking on top of snow while everyone waddled their ways through it.
THREE CHARACTERS YOU LOVE
- Virgil Flowers – Okay look. The VF series is my absolute favorite series of ALL TIME. Why?!? I have NO idea. I simply love it and I can always count on inhaling these books in a couple sittings. I think it’s because I ended up developing a book crush on the protagonist, but I simply love reading any of his books. So, favorite series and favorite book (Shock Wave) brings me to my favorite character. No surprise there!
- Kiran – The bloodmage from The Shattered Sigil books! He’s adorable and he’s suffered so much. I need to give this poor boy a big hug. Like. A BIG HUG. He needs it, desperately.
- Jalan – The cowardly prince from the Red Queens War series. He’s a coward and not afraid to admit it, but my favorite thing? His dumb luck! This guy knows he’s a coward but somehow, he’s always doing something that ends up making him look like a brave hero instead and I think it’s absolutely hilarious.
THREE SERIES BINGED
I don’t binge series, not even the Virgil Flowers series. I know that I burn out easily in a lot of things so I’m making sure I don’t saturate a given month with only one series. Even if it’s not related to burn out or boredom, I don’t binge because even the longest of series is only so many books long. I want to make sure I have a sufficient stock of slump-cure books and binging a favorite series would kill my backup 😬
THREE FAVORITE BOOK COVERS
- I loved botany back in HS (and still do). I was especially enamored by poisonous plants so I ended up buying Wicked Plants and adored the cover. I mean…look at it!
- The first Omnibus of The Chronicles of the Black Company is badass and I absolutely love it.
- One of my favorite fantasy series and authors of all time (Riyria – Michael J. Sullivan); While I’ve read a handful of the books, The Rose and the Thorn is my only physical edition. I love seeing (I’m heavily assuming) Royce and Hadrian on the cover.
THREE GOALS FOR THIS YEAR
While my goal for the remainder of the year is simply to read more and post more, I also have a separate post (earlier in the year) just for my goals for 2021. You can see it riggghtt >HERE< !