Happy Book Tag Thursday! I was tagged in the “Would You Rather” book tag by Ashlee from Books are 42 (thank you!). I figured that work is snail slow so…why not! It’s my first book tag and I enjoyed and had fun answering these questions!
Answer the questions given to you by your nominator
Make up your own questions and tag other
1. Would you rather spill coffee/tea on your current read or be forced to read it with greasy fingers?
On a daily/general basis, I hate greasy fingers. So whenever I eat chips, it’s never while surfing the web or reading. I eat my chips, run to the sink and wash my hands and then return. If I had to choose, I’d definitely say I rather spill tea. I don’t drink coffee outside of breakfast (where I don’t read) and tea is just boiled leaf water *_* so…tea it is!
2. Would you rather only be able to read new releases or only read backlist books?
I am currently obsessed with the author, John Sandford, only I’m quite late to the game. By the time I entered, he already had 9-10 books, already released, in his Virgil Flowers series and over 20 books in his main Lucas Davenport series. I’m perfectly fine reading backlisted books because, well, I already am doing so. I am getting nervous as I’m almost halfway through the Virgil series 😦
3. Would you rather crack the spine of a paperback or dog-ear the pages?
Oh man! This one is hard! I have watched my textbook go from a perfectly healthy tome to everything falling out and I guess, in the long run…you can’t really see a dog-earred page if you make it small enough…but a cracked spine can be very noticeable and can even make pages fall out. So I pick dog-ear!
4. Would you rather only be allowed to read the first and last book in a trilogy or have to wait three years for the final book to come out?
There are plenty of books to keep me busy! I rather have read books 1 & 2, and eventually get to book 3 than only read book 1 & 3 and forever be missing the middle content. I can wait!
5. Would you rather only read series or only read standalones?
I prefer series. I love to watch my characters grow. While standalones are wonderful, sometimes I finish the book and just want more! Even if it’s a single sequel. Series are amazing because you just get the same awesome content with your favorite characters and trilogies are just as amazing. 3 books feels like just the right amount!
6. Would you rather your favourite book be turned into a movie or a tv show?
Funny enough, neither! I view the character in my head a certain way or portrayed by a certain person, so seeing a different person casted as my favorite characters feels weird. However, if I had to pick, I’d say I rather have my favorite book turned into a movie. The longer the movie, the better.
7. Would you rather the adaption of your favourite book be badly cast or leave out your favourite scenes?
I much rather have a bad cast than miss my favorite scenes! Sometimes those favorite scenes just make the book golden; the cherry on top, the star of a Christmas tree. My favorite mystery book scenes are often times that final chase/gunfight. Imagine a detective movie with zero action? I don’t mind a badly casted show so long as the important and good scenes are not skipped out.
8. Would you rather have dinner with your favourite author or your favourite character?
Ohh this one is hard! Do I want the mastermind behind the character or my favorite character? I think I would love to have dinner with my favorite author because I can ask about my favorite books and characters and then maybe even ask him about what it’s like to write a book or publish. It’ll be sort of like an author interview over dinner!
9 Would you rather kill your favourite character or spend the rest of your life with your least favourite villain?
I would not survive with any of the villains from my favorite books. Most of my books are adult mystery thrillers. We’re talking about serial killers and rapists with no feelings and no remorse. We’re talking about corporate leaders with no concerns for life, so long as they get what they want. We’re talking about serial bombers. This is so hard, but the answer is…I’d probably have to kill off my favorite character…because I wouldn’t survive the other option :’) (and death by those villains will not be quick and/or painless).
10. Would you rather only read your favourite genre for two years straight or be allowed to read anything but your favourite genre for two years straight?
I only have 2 main favorite genres! Mystery thrillers and fantasy and I only use fantasy books as “palate cleansers.” I think I could do a 2 year mystery thriller challenge 😉
- Would you rather sit in a cafe and read or in your own little reading nook?
- Would you rather spoil the book by reading the climax of a book first or the last 2 chapters?
- Would you rather travel with and read a 700+ page hardcover book or on a slow to function phone app (not ebook or tablet)?
- Would you rather live in your last book for 2 years or stay a night in the hotel of The Shining for 2 nights?
- Would you rather have a bookish box with only goodies but no book or a book box with only books and nothing else?
- Would you rather read only in first, second, or third POV for the next 2 years?
- Would you rather live in a horror book taking place on a haunted lake or in the haunted woods?
- Would you rather have your favorite book turned into a movie/show/game or have your favorite movie/show/game turned into a book?
- Would you rather read a book with very small font size or read a book with normal text but in the dark?
- Would you rather bring your last book to the real world or get dragged into the book’s world/setting?
Sophia over at Aelin’s Kingdom
Mani over at Mani’s Book Corner
Celine over at Cel Writes Stuff
Madeline over at Mad’s Books
Rhiannon over at Previously Unread
L Fife over at To Be Read Shelf
Hanna over at Booking in Heels
Valeria over at Behind That Story